Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PRAYER

-->


Prayer



Hello, little crescent moon.

Good morning icy March wind.



Good morning house wren’s sharp trill

in a sleepy indigo sky.



Good morning oak branches

pointing out directions.



Are you all here to remind

one lost Indian woman to ask



for help from the Ancestors?

Yes, I have forgotten again.



Yes, I went to sleep last night

thinking I was forgotten.



Good morning cold air

bathing me like a newborn.



Good morning sun whose steady approach

pushes indigo to robin’s egg.



Good morning, Ancestors whose spirits

watched over me last night, my body



curled in a child’s vast sorrow.

Saleki asatsa.  I’m here at last.  I’m



here again.  Saleki asatsa, matsa. 

Saleki asatsa, ashi. 

         

                        Deborah Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful reminder that we need not walk alone. Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete